Search This Blog

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Blogging the (Strong) Likelihood Principle


I am guilty of not having provided the detailed responses that are owed to the several entries in Christian Robert’s blog on Mayo and Spanos (eds.), ERROR AND INFERENCE: Recent Exchanges on Experimental Reasoning Reliability, and the Objectivity and Rationality of Science (E.R.R.O.R.S.)  (2010, CUP).  Today, I couldn’t resist writing a (third) follow-up comment having to do with my argument on the (strong) Likelihood Principle, even though I wasn't planning to jump into that issue on this blog just yet. Having been lured to react, and even sketch the argument, I direct interested readers to his blog:
As you can guess, hard copies of our book play a useful role in propping open doors to breeze through marble floors in a wheelchair!  Since I’m nearly free of it (thanks to the ministrations of the recovery team here at Chatfield Chateau), a picture seemed in order!

For an interesting, longish review of the book that I just encountered by Adam La Caze (Note Dame Philosophical Reviews) see: http://ndpr.nd.edu/news/24435-error-and-inference-recent-exchanges-on-experimental-reasoning-reliability-and-the-objectivity-and-rationality-of-science/

No comments:

Post a Comment

===========================